Welcome to Buckhead Rotary
Local Leaders United
The Rotary Club of Buckhead unites leaders from all walks of life, amplifying their individual contributions to make Buckhead, Atlanta and the world a better place to live and work.
- Join Leaders: Connect with leaders from our community and the world
- Exchange Ideas: Expand your network and your worldview
- Take Action: Help create lasting change in our community and other communities around the world
- Get Directions »
Stories about the recent activities of our club. Learn more »
- 10/21/14: Buckhead Rotary Club Shines Apples to Say Thank You to Local Teachers (Buckhead)
- 1/29/13: Buckhead Rotary Club presents Humanitarian Award to Frank Skinner, former BellSouth CEO (Buckhead)
- 1/28/13: Buckhead Rotary Club presents humanitarian award (Buckhead)
- 1/22/13: FODAC Partners with Buckhead Rotary on Medical Aid to Ecuador (Buckhead)
- 11/12/12: Companions for Heroes (Buckhead)
- 10/1/12: Rotary Club of Buckhead president to speak at Thursday Buckhead Business Association meeting (Buckhead)
- 8/2/12: Pets can help heal veterans’ wounds (Buckhead)
- 8/1/12: Urban Pet Project: Finding homes, helping veterans & more (Buckhead)
- 1/31/16 : Scenes from our recent Buckhead Rotary social at F&B.
- 1/15/16 : Buckhead Rotarians volunteering at Project Open Hand, one of our signature projects.
- 1/14/16 : Kathleen Geegan, Rebecca Johnson and Scott Godwin at Project Open Hand yesterday. Also there were Ashley Garden and Mark Johnson. Buckhead Rotarians helping prepare some of the 5,000 meals served every day by Project Open Hand, one of our signature projects.
- 1/12/16 : Buckhead Rotary had a very successful Club Assembly on January 11. Members learned about club programs and projects and signed up to volunteer. It was a terrific event.
- 1/6/16 : District Conference is April 21-24, 2016. Register now and save!
If you register for District Conference before February 28. your registration fee is just $215. That's a deal. After February 28, the price goes up to $245. It you register on site it will cost you $260. So save now.
This year's Conference is on the beach at Hilton Head Island, South Carolina, at the beautiful Marriott Resort and Spa. Fun in the sun, fellowship, hospitality rooms, great programs, more fun. It's all under one roof.
To register, go to www.Rotary6900.org, click "About Us", and "District Conference". You can register and reserve your hotel room at the same time. Rooms start at just $179.
It's going to be a great event. Don't miss it!
Call me at 404-429-2812 or write me at email@example.com if you have questions.
- February 15th, 2016: NO MEETING - PRESIDENT'S DAY
- February 22nd, 2016: Horst Schulze, Former President of The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company
- February 27th, 2016: Buckhead Rotary Foundation Ball
- February 29th, 2016: NO MEETING - FOUNDATION BALL
- March 7th, 2016: Tracy Techau, Executive Director, Atlanta Area Council, Boy Scouts of America
- March 14th, 2016: H. James Dallas, Former CIO Georgia Pacific & Medtronic
- March 18th, 2016: Buckhead Rotary Tennis Tournament
- March 21st, 2016: Commissioner Tim Keane, City of Atlanta Department of Planning & Community Development
- March 21st, 2016: Buckhead Rotary Foundation Board Meeting
- March 28th, 2016: NO MEETING - EASTER HOLIDAY
- April 4th, 2016: Comer Yates, Executive Director, Atlanta Speech School
- April 11th, 2016: Danny Shoy, President, East Lake Foundation
- April 18th, 2016: Michael Diamantides, Managing Director, Oliver McMillan - The Shops Buckhead Atlanta
- April 25th, 2016: NO MEETING - DISTRICT CONFERENCE
- May 2nd, 2016: Hon. Willie J. Lovett, Jr., Fulton County Juvenile Court Judge & former head of Children's Attorney office
- May 9th, 2016: Commissioner Howard Shook, City of Atlanta City Council
- May 16th, 2016: Hagen Radowski, CEO, Miescke, Hofman and Partners (MHP) Americas
- May 23rd, 2016: Captain Alec Fraser, Author, Former Turner Broadcasting Exec & President of Atlanta Rotary Club
Rotary Club of Buckhead
#4115 chartered March 23, 1951.
Sponsored by the Rotary Club of Atlanta.
Active Membership: 169
Maggiano’s Little Italy
3368 Peachtree Road
Atlanta, GA 30326
P.O. Box 12151
Atlanta, GA 30355
The Rotary Club of Buckhead is an organization of local business and professional leaders united to provide humanitarian service, encourage high ethical standard in all vocations and help build goodwill and peace in the world.
Rotary International is the largest service organization in the world with 1.2 million members in 32,000 clubs across 194 nations. Information about its 100 year history, the Rotary Foundation that has given billions of dollars to projects across the world - such as Polio Plus - and the avenues of service can be found on www.Rotary.org.
Buckhead Rotary was founded in March of 1951, sponsored by the Atlanta Rotary Club. There were 23 charter members. We are currently partnering with several community and worldwide projects which include:
- AIDS Awareness
- Boy Scouts of America
- Companions for Heros
- Georgia Mission of Mercy
- Georgia Rotary Student Program
- Kipp South Fulton Academy
- Livable Buckhead
- Ronald McDonald House
Membership in Buckhead Rotary is extended by invitation only to those who will be active and productive, following the Rotary motto, Service Above Self. Each prospective member must be sponsored by an existing member with six additional members vouching to their knowledge of the candidate. Membership is based on the Rotary International’s classification system and each candidate’s application must be submitted to the club’s classification chair for approval before being submitted to Board of Directors for vote.
Dues: There is a $750 initiation fee and quarterly payments as follows: membership dues of $143, meals of $169, charitable contribution of $100 to the Buckhead Rotary Foundation and charitable contribution of $25 to the Rotary Foundation.
Attendance: Club expectation is 90%. Make-ups can be made two weeks before or after at any Rotary Club in the world or online. There are almost 40 clubs in metro Atlanta.
Club activities: The club has five avenues of service, Club Service, Community Service, Vocational Service, International Service and New Generations. There are nine directors that oversee more than 40 committees. All members are expected to participate in one or more committees.
Meetings: Our meetings are held on Mondays, excluding holidays or deferrals to special events, beginning at 12:15 p.m. at Maggiano's in Buckhead, 3368 Peachtree Road, Atlanta, 30326. Meetings conclude at 1:30 p.m.
The Rotary Club of Buckhead has been recognized as the most important civic club in Buckhead and has received numerous "Club of the Year" awards from our District 6900.